Warranty – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
NOTE: Warranty on umbrella frame, and on polyester fabric is two (2) years, and on acrylic fabric is five years (5). Warranty on printing is one year (1). The warranty covers manufacturer’s faults and defects only.
1. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only.
2. This warranty does not cover damage caused by wind or adverse weather conditions, fair wear and tear, accidents, misuse, fire, flood, hail, earthquakes or other natural disasters, or alterations or repairs by any other than an authorised agent of Instant Shade Umbrellas Pty Ltd.
3. The umbrella must be used with a suitable base with a reasonable amount of weight applied, or be correctly installed with an appropriate in-ground fitting. If installed, this warranty is valid only for installations made by Instant Shade Umbrellas Pty Ltd, an authorised agent or if installed by the customer, the installation must be carried out exactly as required in the instructions that are supplied with the umbrella or available on our website.
4. In the case of installations, the owner is to ascertain position of all underground pipes and electrical wires and notify installer of any obstacles. Although all care will be taken, no responsibility can be accepted for any damage during installation.
5. The canopy fabric warranty is a Limited Manufacturers Warranty, which is passed on by Instant Shade Umbrellas Pty Ltd.
6. The warranty is valid only if the umbrella is opened and collapsed as instructed by an authorised Instant Shade Umbrellas Pty Ltd Dealer and/or as per the instructions in the umbrella manual as supplied. It is highly recommended that you close and tie your umbrella when strong winds are expected. If strong winds are expected for a long period of time it is recommended that the umbrella be removed from its base and stored. When closing the umbrella for extended periods of time, the canopy must be folded in such a way as to avoid “pinching” of the fabric in the umbrella ribs/arms. Wear and tear caused by “pinching” of the fabric by the umbrella framework is not covered under this warranty.
7. If the umbrella is to be transported, it must be dismantled and adequately packaged (preferably with canopy and frame wrapped separately) to avoid damage during transit. If damage is incurred as a result of insecure packing, this is outside our warranty provision.
8. In the case of repairs to the umbrella being required (regardless of whether the repairs are covered under warranty) the cost of transportation to/from Instant Shade Umbrellas Pty Ltd for any repairs is to be paid by the claimant.
9. This warranty is the only express warranty given by Instant Shade Umbrellas Pty Ltd. No person has the authority to change or add to these obligations and liabilities without Instant Shade Umbrellas Pty Ltd approval in writing.
10. Instant Shade Umbrellas Pty Ltd reserves the right to determine whether or not fault is caused by faulty workmanship or material or that any part is defective. Where fault is determined, we reserve the right to repair or replace products at our discretion
11. Instant Shade Umbrellas Pty Ltd or its authorised agent may offer advice, but accepts no responsibility as to the ultimate positioning of the umbrella.
Our premium Acrylic fabrics are manufactured from 100% acrylic fibre and guaranteed to:
• Protect against rot, mildew and discoloration typical in normal conditions. It does not apply against any deterioration of any kind due to wind or weather related damage, misuse, burns, negligence, vandalism, perforations or stains due to environmental pollution, and fair wear and tear.
• Retain a light-fastness rating of 6-8 on a 1-8 scale (minimum fading) for a period of 5 years. Our premium acrylic fabrics are very tightly woven, with minimal light transmission, resulting in excellent UV protection of UPF 50+ and SPF 100. Should the fabric fail, the manufacturer of the acrylic fabric will offer to replace the fabric free of charge, subject to the following:
• 1. Proof of date of purchase is provided by the customer.
• 2. The fabric is maintained correctly.
• 3. This fabric guarantee extends specifically to the replacement of fabric only and excludes the work and installation of others and also excludes other fittings and hardware. Other costs such as re-making a canopy, dismantling, transport, re-erection, travelling costs and consequential loss are also excluded from this guarantee.
• CARE & CLEANING
• Proper care and cleaning should be taken to ensure the life of outdoor fabrics. For regular care and maintenance, excessive dirt should be brushed from the fabric using a soft brush; the fabric should then be sprayed with warm water (not exceeding 100°F / 40°C) and air- dried. Periodically the fabric should undergo a more thorough cleaning. Again brush fabric with a soft bristled brush, spray with warm water then apply a gentle natural soap, rinse thoroughly and air-dry.
• Fabric should never be stored while wet, always ensure fabric is thoroughly dried before storing for extended periods.
• Any early signs of mould and mildew must be removed immediately.
Gold Coast Swinging Shade Umbrellas – Umbrella Frame Warranty
ABN – 64 362 691 091
8. 1.1 Subject to the conditions of the warranty set out in Clause 1.2 the Seller warrants that if any defect in any workmanship manufactured by the Seller becomes apparent and is reported to the Seller within five (5) years of the date of delivery (time being of the essence) then the seller will either (at the Seller’s sole discretion) repair the defect or replace the workmanship.
9. 1.2 The conditions applicable to the warranty given by Clause 1.1 are:
(a) The warranty shall not cover any defect or damage which may be caused or partly caused by or arise through:
i) Failure on the part of the customer to properly maintain and Goods; or
ii) Failure on the part of the customer to follow any instructions or guidelines provided by the Seller; or
iii) Any use of any Goods otherwise than for any application specified on a quote or order form; or
iv) Incorrect installation, installation completed by someone other than the Seller or an installer not consented by the Seller or altercations of the installation; or
v) The continued use of any Goods after any defect becomes apparent or would have become apparent to a reasonably prudent operator or user; or
vi) Fair wear and tear, any accident or act of God.
(b) The warranty shall cease and the Seller shall thereafter in no circumstances be liable under the terms of the warranty if the workmanship is repaired, altered or overhauled without the Sellers consent.
(c) In respect of all claims the Seller shall not be liable to compensate the Customer for any delay in either replacing or repairing the workmanship/Goods or in properly assessing the Customer’s claim.
10. 1.3 For Goods not manufactured by the Seller, the warranty shall be the current warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Goods. The Seller shall be under no liability whatsoever, except for the express conditions as detailed and stipulated in the manufacturer’s warranty.
Products Pty Ltd
Colourshade & Z16 Decorative Shade Fabric Warranty Statement 1. Specification
11. 1.1. All Colourshade & Z16 Decorative Shade Fabric(“Fabric”) is manufactured from high density polyethylene raw materials. During the extrusion of yarns, colour concentrates and ultra-violet stabilisation additives, as recommended by Ciba Speciality Chemicals (Pty Ltd), are added to the raw materials, thus enhancing the life of the fabric against degradation from exposure to sunlight.
12. 1.2. The UV–R and shade percentage specified on all products is measured to the Australian Standard 4174-1994 and will not vary by more than 5% above or below the stated percentage.
10. 2.1. Despite using high quality light fastness and heat stable colour concentrates, there will, over a period of time be colour fading or colour deterioration.
11. 2.2. Depending on location, UV intensity of the sun, moisture and cloud cover, some colours will be more prone to colour fading than others.
12. 2.3. Fading is the process of a gradual loss of colour which starts immediately when the products are exposed to sunlight. The rate at which this takes place is dependant on the conditions as noted in point 2.2. above.
• 3.1 This warranty is effective from 1st November 1999. All fabric purchased before this date is subject to the original five (5) year warranty.
• 3.2 First 5 years 3.2.1 Rainbow Shade Products give a five (5) year warranty on Colourshade and Z16 Decorative Shade Fabric against UV degradation. Should the fabric disintegrate, crack or break down as a result of degradation caused by the sun, Rainbow Shade Products will replace the affected fabric.
Warranty Statement Page 1/3
3.3 Extended 5 year warranty
• 3.3.1 Rainbow Shade Products give a further five (5) year warranty on a pro-rata basis against UV degradation. Should the fabric crack or break down as a result of degradation caused by the sun, Rainbow Shade Products will replace the affected fabric on a pro-rata basis based on their original selling price of the fabric.
• 3.3.2 The replacement percentage of 100 will be reduced by 20% for every twelve(12) months.
4. Limitations and Exclusions
. 4.1 This warranty does not cover, nor will Rainbow Shade Products be liable for any failure of, or damage to the fabric as a consequence of, but not limited to, the following:
. 4.1.1 Damage to the fabric caused by abrasion or mechanical means, including damage which may occur during the erection process or as a consequence of deficiencies in the method of erection; or
. 4.1.2 Damage to or failure of the fabric caused by contact with chemicals; or
. 4.1.3 colour fading.
. 4.2 Rainbow Shade Products liability is limited to the replacement of the affected fabric on the basis set out in 3. above. Under no circumstances will Rainbow Shade Products be liable for any consequential or indirect loss including damage to, equipment or other assets, nor for any costs incurred in replacing the affected fabric, including delivery and erection costs.
. 4.3 Rainbow Shade Products liability is limited to the replacement of the affected fabric on the basis set out in 3. above. Under no circumstances will Rainbow Shade Products be liable for products not manufactured by this company, such as sewing yarns etc.
. 4.4 Recommendations on the use of various shade fabrics and shade factors are given in good faith. However, no liability for crop failure / damage of any kind or damage to property, assets, crops or plants will be entertained by Rainbow Shade Products
5.1 This Warranty is the only warranty given by Rainbow Shade Products and any warranty that may otherwise be implied in law is hereby excluded.
5.2 In order for a claim against this warranty to be considered, Rainbow Shade Products will require the following information:
5.2.1 Documentary proof of purchase.
Warranty Statement Page 2/3
5.2.2 Documentary proof of purchase price.
. 5.2.3 Access by Rainbow Shade Products staff to view the material on site.
. 5.2.4 Samples of damaged fabric must be returned to Rainbow Shade Products for inspection.
. 5.2.5 Replacement of fabric is at the discretion of Rainbow Shade Products. RAINBOW SHADE PRODUCTS PTY LTD PO BOX 183 ARUNDEL QLD 4214 PH 07 55 293266 FX 07 55 293277